Accrington Cemetery is located on Burnley Road (BB5 6HA) and is the largest and oldest cemetery in Hyndburn, dating back to 1864. To date there have been over 61,450 interments carried out.
With northerly views of the Lancashire countryside and Pendle Hill, the site includes a main drive leading to the Crematorium Chapel and (...)
Adventure Hyndburn has grown out of Sure Start Hyndburn and delivers services to the community, in partnership with schools, as well as, engaging corporate partners to make a real difference to the communities of Hyndburn.
Adventure Hyndburn is now also recognised as a Forest Schools Centre of Excellence. Archimedes Earth (...)
Bullough Park (BB5 0LW) occupies a 16.7 hectare area of land to the east of Willows Lane, Accrington between Park Crescent and Miller Fold, also in an easterly direction towards Priestley Clough.
The park is situated on an exposed site above Accrington at an elevation of 200 metres. The park (...)
The Church Prospects Panel was formed about 1999 and is still going strong with many of it’s original Members. Most are life long residents of Church.
The Panel is a dedicated bunch of a variety of ages, backgrounds, skills (scrounging, recycling, relocating, skip rooting, make do and mend), abilities.
The East Lancashire Bat Group is dedicated to the conservation of bats in the boroughs of Blackburn with Darwen, Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Burnley, and Rossendale that make up Pennine Lancashire.
Our membership is open to all with an interest in bats.We aim to help to conserve bats, their (...)
The Friends of Mercer Park formed in 1999 and have close liaison with the Parks Department to develop new features in the park.
Friends of Rhyddings Park was initially formed on the 20th October 2005 from a group of local residents after meetings organised by Oswaldtwistle Area Council. On the 21st December 2010 we became a registered charity.
One of the main objectives for the group is to allow local residents to be (...)
Bringing the pleasure and excitement of the countryside to Great Harwood with an annual show on Spring Bank Holiday Monday
The Great Harwood Agricultural Society was formed in 1857. Mr Lawrence Catterall and Mr Lawrence Lee of Martholme were the organisers of the first show and entries for (...)